Posted from egadioniputri‘s Instagram
Tara (Cod) Ankake yesterday – Monday is Japanese food in my #mealprep schedule because it tends to be simpler and easier than Indonesian cooking 🤣 and I’m a big fan of something with #ankake (#あんかけ – thickened sauce or soup made from flour, shouyu, and other Japanese seasonings), but it’s sweet so I barely cook it. Make it home that you can adjust the sweetness as desired! #recipega
Dari sekian banyak seleksi ankake, buatku yang dipadu dengan ikan goreng tepung itu yang paling cucok di lidah. Buat yang nggak suka sashimi atau ikan-ikanan mentah, resep ini bisa jadi alternatif.
👩🏻🍳 There’s plenty of recipes online, but here is my version:
- Cut the cod fillets, dry it (I removed the skin), you can use other fishes
- Coat with katakuriko (potato starch)
- Dip into tempura batter 👉🏻 Cold water + mayonnaise for taste and texture + all purpose flour (the mixture should be thin)
- Deep fry
- Thinly cut the veggies
- Sautee with onion
- Add the ankake mixture (water + shouyu + sugar + seasonings like dashi or shiokosho)
- Add corn starch to thicken
- Pour into fried fish cuts
Everybody can cook it so I didn’t go too detail!