Feels like in an Indian restaurant! First attempt of cooking chicken butter curry and grilled garbanzo beans for the bread’s mate (well I dont know its name but it’s exactly same texture and taste with naan and different with pita bread). Having not stock of veggies for salad, so I sauteed onion, broccoli, sliced carrot, cabbage, mushroom, and little leftover spinach. #dinner #chickencurry #chickenbuttercurry #garbanzobeans #grilledgarbanzo #garbanzo #indiancuisine #recipega
Posted by @egadioniputri via Instagram
Cannot find the Chicken Butter Curry (or Butter Chicken Curry? whatsoever) recipe? Here I pasted it.
- 60g butter
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, quartered >> me: diced in one-bite size
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger >> me: finely mashed fresh ginger
- 3 tsp garam masala >> me: unfortunately hadn’t bought it, replace it by adding ground clove, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, etc. any seasonings in my kitchen :D
- 1¾ cups tomato passata >> me: chopped fresh tomato
- ⅓ cup cream >> me: skipped, didn’t have it
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt >> me: sorry I never stocked yoghurt for cooking, so replaced it with coconut cream😛
- Sea salt & white pepper
- Handful coriander leaves >> me: skipped
- Small handful pistachios, chopped roughly >> me: garbanzo beans
- Steamed jasmine rice and naan bread, to serve >> me: only naan instead
- Heat butter and oil in saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins. Add chicken and cook for 3 mins.
- Add garlic, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, ginger and garam masala to saucepan. Stir to coat chicken with spices. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add passata, cream and sugar to chicken pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 mins until chicken is cooked through. Remove butter chicken from heat and stir through yoghurt. Season to taste.
Happy cooking! Nehi, nehi..